Congratulations on a successful core build!
Now that your site is going to a live domain, we'll want to help get you on the right track. There's a number of things to know about during the transfer, and plenty to get started on post launch. Below you'll find helpful resources to ensure you understand the launch process, as well as grow into your website platform to take advantage of all the incredible features it has to offer.
Here's some tips to consider prior to your move to a live domain:
There are a handful of circumstances that may effect you, and we'll want to make sure you have the opportunity to consider their benefits. They are:
- Are you currently, or planning to route email through this domain name?
- Do you have an existing website that you'd like to preserve SEO from?
- Have you delegated or provided access to your registrar for our "Live Transfer Teams" to make your DNS/MX Record/Nameserver changes?
If you are planning to route email through your domain, review this article carefully to better understand what's needed to ensure your site transfer does not effect your email connection:
Preserving SEO from an existing site:
If you have an existing website, review this article to better understand how 301 redirects work, and how to obtain a quote for work to ensure your old site urls are not simply dropped from search engines:
Making Changes to your registrar settings:
If you have not delegated access to your registrar, please review this article for options on how to ensure this step goes smoothly for you:
Okay, I've done that, now what?
Once the above items have been addressed, our Live Transfer Teams will begin moving your site to the live domain. This process requires up to 72hrs for the following to be addressed:
1. A thorough review of the site design by your design team. The entire site is spot checked prior to being sent to the live teams for propagation. This can take up to 24hrs.
2. Site is sent to the Live Que for propagation of DNS records updates.
3. Re-activation of product licenses for IDX, 3rd party integrations & optional plugins.
4. Full Mobile Scaling Review of complete site, testing & verification of form delivery & IDX search modules.
5. Verification of client contact information, including social media destinations and administrative email settings.
It's important to note that this process takes place in stages; You will see the site on the primary domain before the live checklist has been completed.
Getting confirmation of your site launch:
Please wait for the confirmation of your site launch from our teams prior to logging into your website for the first time.
It's important to us that we carefully and fully review your site for any changes necessary to ensure your site is firing on all cylinders.
Once you have received your live site email confirmation, you will want to jump into our "Post Launch Goals" guide to better understand some of the top priorities you'll have to ensuring your site gains traction online as quickly as possible.
Keeping up to date on new features:
We're on Facebook! New updates and feature overviews, as well as success stories, Q&A and more are available to ensure that you're always on top of the best ways to make your brand and website a success.
Follow the instructions outlined in our handy tutorial to get setup and never miss a valuable update.